Saturday, October 01, 2005

raindrops flying in the gallery by anbri22
raindrops flying in the gallery, a photo by anbri22 on Flickr.

A Dream


Last night I had a dream.
I went to my mother's home and I went into the kitchen ...
the great and luminous kitchen of the house where I grew ...

My dad died four years ago ... I know so well ...
In the dream, also I knew my dad was dead ...

The daylight was coming in from the large and great window ...
I went into the kitchen and ... My dad was there!
He was watching out from the great window ...
I saw his shoulders and the green garden outside.

Suddenly he turned to me and he was smiling.
I exclaimed "Dad" ! .... but he put his finger on his mouth
as if to say "Don't talk"

He kept in his hands a tape-recorder ... an old black tape of the seventies.
( I knew that tape, really belonged to my father)

Then he turned on and has started a music ... a song that I knew.
It was an instrumental theme of relaxing music ... but I didn't know the title ...
Suddenly my dream ends.
My father was there, in the light of the window listening to that music watching to me
and smiling ...

This morning I took my iPod searching for that music ...
Now I know what is the song, now I know why my dad came to me in the dream!
My dad is an angel ... my personal angel!

I can see him with my mind ... now he is sitting here with me in my car and he is smiling with me!

The tape last night was playing "Angel Wings"


Text by Anna Briatico ©2003

No comments: